Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sandboxes? Sandboxie? others?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kandinsky

Kandinsky

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

and if so, how do you like them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cb2

cb2

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

and if so, how do you like them?

Sorry for responding so late. Yes...I use Sandboxie. Have been doing so for about a year now. Big fan. Although I still have an anti-virus program and an on-demand anti-spyware program on my system, I find myself relying mostly on Sandboxie for protection when surfing the 'net or testing new programs.

#3 Kandinsky

Kandinsky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:21 AM

Cb2, thanks!

is it still beta and is it still free? last I looked it had reviews that said it was buggy, but hopefully that's changed. That was a couple years ago I think.

&.... Can you use it in conjuction with a firewall? I have zone alarm security suite. Has an email filter but not a web filter. Also has an operating filter but that should not interfere- simple permissions.

& how easy or difficult is it to configure? how do you like the interface?

#4 Bill's Last Stand

Bill's Last Stand

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

I use SB on all my computers. That is, I have *only* Windows 32 bit operating system...computers.

I'm not aware there even WAS a 'beta. SB is available free. However, if you want to 'play' with it, that is, use more than the ONE 'default browser' 'Box, you need to buy it. It cost me $26.50[US], and that's for a LifeTime, 'all the computer I own' license. Well worth the money. Not buggy in any way, here.

Sure... run any F/W you want [although *I* don't use one, being behind a Router]

It is easy enough to configure; not so easy to "use" or interpret the results.... But thanks to good instructions and a handfull of YouTube tutorials, not hard to learn.

I don't bother running any A/V stuff at all anymore. I just run along enjoying myself, then occassionally look in the 'Box to see if any un-invited programs are there! {Have yet to find any, but thanks to the YouTube tutorials, I would now recognise them}

Great program, but definitely targetted to a small...and shrinking...group. If your OS is anything other than WIN [32]... it will not be for you...

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users