Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Port Problems?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stinkybuba

stinkybuba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

After fixing up my computer from a trojan, i found that my usb ports would not work.
Whenever i try plugging in any USB into the port the computer immediately freezes and stays like that.
The computer freezes up whenever anything is plugged inside, even a cord that isnt connected to anything.
I have tried running malwarebytes' anti-malware but when i scanned my computer with it, it came up clean.
Can anyone help me with this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

Are you sure you have installed the drivers for your motherboard?

#3 stinkybuba

stinkybuba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

im pretty sure cause it has been working for like 6 years until the trojan came up
when i got rid of it this problem came up...
so im not really sure what the problem is

#4 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

That is a tricky one considering there is not just one USB driver. Usb would be a tough one to diagnose without software/hardware specific tools (that may be available if someone on here knows about them, please)

Try in safe mode.

Before going into the driver issue,

Be certain that you are completely clean of all forms of malware. Have you ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and avira/avast?
Be sure you clean with all three completely updated.

Edited by lowtek_otc, 07 January 2009 - 02:24 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit either Enter or OK.

Do you see any markings by any of the individual items listed? Markings may be red, yellow, or black.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users