Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AUTOMATIC LOGOFF AFTER RUNNING AVG!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OP SEAN

OP SEAN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Thanks in advance for any help. I ran AVG antivirus and removed all of the possible problems it found (BIG MISTAKE, I KNOW). Now when I logon to Windows in both Normal and Safe Mode (as Administrator) it Applies my Personal settings and immediately after the wallpaper appears (no icons on toolbar) it says Logging Off. I have the reinstallation disk for Windows that came with my computer but the system does not seem to be recognizing the drive as it is not prompting me to do anything after the disk is inserted. I believe AVG may have helped me remove the program which helps load all programs upon startup. I have also tried Last Known Good Configuration and Safe Mode with Command Prompt (which does not work because itwon't get past the login) Is there any way to restore this program without using the reinstallation disk? How can I get my system to recognize the disk drive if it is not already doing so?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

Most likely this is the userinit.exe problem. You'll have to restore a copy of the userinit.exe file to your hard drive in the proper location, and probably use regedit to replace the entry in the Winlogon section in order to get it running.

This'll take some advanced work in an environment that can read NTFS and that can remotely edit your registry. I don't have the instructions here - but I'll check back tomorrow from work to see if you've gotten assistance from another member.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Erik365

Erik365

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

One thing would be to make sure that the shutdown when scan is finish box is not checked.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

I called in sick to work today (dreadful cold), so I had to search to find this:

Here's a link that describes the registry entry and the replacement of the file. Backup your registry before proceeding and follow the steps exactly! http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users