Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

motherof2 arrived with 3 infected computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 motherof2

motherof2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

Hello. I am motherof2 college students who have no desire to control infection or how to protect their machines. We all came up with something and I heard about this site from a relative. Still reading a few books and learning tricks. I can wipe my drive - no good for this problem. The bugs are so tricky these days. I have never had anything that I couldn't find some tracks for but then I am not sure sometimes what I am seeing. Pretty new to vista but have been playing since original windows. I used to count on my bro for help but he moved away. I am reasonably sane and understand the basics of computing. I cannot do too. much from the command prompt anymore but I still have some vague memories of DOS and that helps. Got some E books, too. IT IS SO MUCH to take in all together.
Anyhow I am looking to disinfect three computers! For at least 6 months my son with a physics degree thought I was chasing a ghost--until I pulled up a Linux signature on all our equipment and we do not run any linux programs. I am here most all the time in the kingdom of the lost souls who try to feel a little less invaded when online. We run vista xp and 98.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

Welcome to BC
Our members will be able to help solve your problems
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users