Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSU brands... which are reliable?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZT-repairseek

ZT-repairseek

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

well, as the topic says, I'm looking to find out which brands are reliable before I go spending money.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

"Reliable" PSUs would probably be brand name companies such as Antec, Thermaltake, Cooler Master, Enermax, etc.

A reliable, "good" PSU would probably be around the $40 range. I use a CoolerMaster PSU in one of my systems .

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

I have never had a good experience with Antec, I personally like Corsair and Silverstone.

3939.png

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

I swear by PC Power and Cooling - but they're expensive!
With my latest PC I'm using a Silverstone.

I've used Zalman and Thermaltake without any issues also.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 ZT-repairseek

ZT-repairseek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

okay so... that combined with some advice gleaned elsewhere makes three votes for thermaltake, one for and against antec and a "maybe" for it too, two for silverstone, and some various other companies with one vote apiece.

I've been directed to a specific thermaltake PSU, at $60 or thereabouts. my local officemax stocks some by antec, but the outlook isn't going well for them at this point. the 500w antec that officemax has is about $50... the thermaltake is gonna require shipping charges, of course... ugh, too many needs, not enough money at once....

so yeah, any more votes on any more brands or the same ones mentioned?

#6 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

http://www.jonnyguru.com/index.php

Lots of PSU reviews. Good read if you have the time.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users