Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fish'n'Chip

Fish'n'Chip

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

Hi all,

I have just installed a new AVG 8.0 in my notebook after enjoying a free trial version for over a week.

On installing the new comprehensive version I have found the AVG internet security window shows me a weird prompt. 'You may not be protected! Some components report an error.' And on the Update Manager' icon it shows 'database update is disabled'.

Repeated queries to AVG got no answers yet.

Does that anything guys?

Please advice. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

Hi, I would uninstall the progarm reboot then reinstall.
MCP
MSDST

#3 Fish'n'Chip

Fish'n'Chip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:33 AM

Hi Monty,

Thanks for the reply. I did uninstall AVG, rebooted and reinstalled the software. I got the following message.

@Frw_Page_UpdScan_Cfg_Error.

When tried to open google website a prompt appeared saying,'Access violation at address 6CB616B7 in module 'AVGTOO~1.DLL'. Read of address 00000004.

Please advice.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users