Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with getting rid of ad tabs adn windows from zedo.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joerhyno

Joerhyno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

I'll try to list as much info as possible. I don't know much about computers, but I'm a pretty good learner/listener...

I never use IE, I used Yahoo's browser since buying the computer and then switched over to firefox... My brother recently moved in and he started using IE and I guess it's cookies settings or security settings were basically turned off or at it's lowest. So all of a sudden, I log on and while on, I start to get these random pages that pop up, not lil' pop ads like some sites have, but this is a whole tab that opens on firefox. Here's one of main links that comes up:

http://c5.zedo.com/jsc/c5/ff2.html?n=670;c...74;d=15;w=1;h=1

Sometimes it starts at that one, then changes to another site...I've tried to copy and paste all the ones that come up and put them in my blocked cookies list and on ie the blocked sites list. So now, they still pop up, but now the site wont load.. but there's still some that are linked to it and still pop up, some annoying "news" ones that have videos and what not that just keep playing.

some of the sites are:
interpulseclick.com
redorbit.com
dateforkeeps.com
mevio.com

and others...

So far, I've done a scan with lavasoft's free ad-aware and PC Doctor, but both didn't do much and the problems are still the same.

In searching, I've found a lot of people talking about Hijackthis, so I downloaded that and did the scan thing and I'll attach the log if the forum lets me.

If anyone can help, or lead me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it..

Thanks in advance...

-Joe

Attached File  10609.txt   14.11KB   27 downloads

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum, to avoid having member repost . ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Rather than guess how to deal with this, I am going to suggest that you post at BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

The folks there are adept at all sorts of malware issues, including this one.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users