Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Satellite TV or Internet?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

Ok so heres my deal.

For 120 a month I get DSL, a Land Line, and DirectTV. That comes with 200 Channels, HD channels, and movie channels.

Now my problem is, do you all think it is worth the extra 50 bucks? Becuase I can get access to ALOT of channels online, but the problem is, I want my HD sports, but thats about it... so I just want opinions. Do you think it is worth it to get the satellite, or just use the internet?????

Also, do you know of any HD streaming sites??? Cause I would love to be able to stream live HD sports online.
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

I guess it depends on the sport but in general terms, the internet is not up to snuff when it comes to live sporting events. You'll be charged for it no matter where you watch it. And it may end up costing you more.

#3 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:22 AM

hmmm, well I guess im not gonna get the satellite then, cause I just dont see me using it that much. Oh well, thanks though
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users