Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixing errors that prohibits making purhcases with Visa card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sanbeave

sanbeave

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and hope that I will learn a lot. I have not been able to make a purchase or pay a bill online using my Visa Check Card or Credit Card. I can input all of the cardnumbers except for the very last digit (the 16th one). At that point, I am disconnected from my Internet. Does anyone have any idea how to repair this. I use Windows XP (Home). I appreciate any and all assitance.

Sanbeave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:53 PM

I don't know what could be causing your very strange problem but would suggest you follow these instructions for your own security:
Is your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG Free
When you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)
Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software because you should only have one running on your system.

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Do you have a Firewall running?: It is better to turn off the Windows firewall and use the firewall built in to your anti-virus program. If that does not have one, download and install Sygate, Kerio or ZoneAlarm. You may have to do some experimentation which will work best with your system. Only run one firewall at any time. You can find links here: Recommended Freeware

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

Edited by Rimmer, 20 May 2005 - 11:59 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users