Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access classmates.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pleasehelpmenow77

pleasehelpmenow77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

I am using Windows XP Home Edition on my PC. For some reason I cannot access www.classmates.com. I can access any other website but this one. Every time I attempt to access it, it says "page cannot be displayed" I have not installed any new software recently. I have deleted all of my cookies and temporary internet files and made sure all my security settings were in order and still cannot access it. Can someone please help. Thank you.

Phaedra Carlson
If you have any suggestions, feel free to email me

//mod edit: e-mail address removed to protect from spam bots.

Edited by KoanYorel, 20 May 2005 - 05:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

Are you clicking on a link? If so it might be invalid. Try typing in the site http and all.If that doesn't work, go to tools/internet options/security/trusted sites/click on sites and add it. (If you trust it)
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:31 PM

The site may just be down for the time being. It happens. This may be especially true, since you are able to view all others.

Edit: Why don't you try again. It displayed for me just now.

Edited by scarlett, 21 May 2005 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

Have you been using that site regularly? It is up and accessible to me.

You may have inadvertently added it to a ban list on one of the security programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users