Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating spyware (specifically spyware-blaster)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Firubat

Firubat

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

I just used the spyware-blaster tutorial (which was very helpful). i thought of how to remind myself updating it since does not update itself and i tend to be forgetful. The solution I found was using the windows built-in task-scheduler (start->programs->accessories->system tools), which will open the program for me regularly. However i don't know if there is a command i can give it so that it will run the update itself. I noticed that the task command line for norton is
"C:\Program Files\Norton Security Scan\Nss.exe" /scan-full /scheduled
, and it runs itself.
are there similar commands for spyware-blaster?
And even if there aren't, i think you should consider adding this tip in your tutorials. Not every user remembers to update all her/his programs, and the task scheduler is a convenient tool...

Edited by Firubat, 06 January 2009 - 02:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

There's no way to auto update it without actually paying for the feature. Even if there was a way, it would defeat the purpose of the pay feature....
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbautoupdate.html
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users