Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Tray Size and Video Resolution

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 401 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:36 AM

I have just repaired a clients XP machine that is finally running fairly well. Had a great deal of malaware, spyware, etc. that I was able to clean. The owner had three virus programs running on the computer at the same time which cancelled out each other.

The only problem remain has to do with the screen resolution and taskbar which I think are inter-related. When ever I open a page in IE7 and then maximize, I am not able to see the full screen. I can't even get to x out the screen until I unmaximize the screen and pull the screen over to get to the x. I've tried working with the monitor control (extremely old monitor) with no success.

I also am finding that the tray at the bottom of the screen is much too large (height) If I drag the top down and reduce the size (height) I can get a slim line but there is not enough to see the icons in the tray. I tried working with the controls on the monitor with no success.

Could I correct both of these by going into System Properties and changing the display settings.

When I first saw the computer the tray was on the left hand side. I was able to move it to the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for any and all help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Could I correct both of these by going into System Properties and changing the display settings.

I would certainly give that a try.

You also might want to try reinstalling the video driver.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users