Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transcend pendrive: BSOD: BAD_POOL_HEADER

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suvarghyadutta

suvarghyadutta

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

Hello,

I have a Transcend 1GB pen drive which was working perfectly forthe last one year. Now a strange thing happens. The moment I insert the pen drive in the USB port, the computer flashes a blue screen and Immediately goes for a restart. After restart, if the pen drive is still kept inserted, the BSOD comes again and the cycle of restart keeps going on and on till the pen drive is removed from the slot. The BSOD message says BAD_POOL_HEADER.

Please note that it is just the mere insertion of the pen drive that generates the BSOD and restart. I do not even get a chance to access the folder. I have tried with this pen drive on several desktops/laptops but in all cases it gives the same result.

I understand that this is probably due to the pen drive that has gone bad.

Please advise if it is possible to revive the pen drive to its former useful nature.

Kind regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 darkslategrey

darkslategrey

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

If you have access to a mac at any point you might be able to plug it into one of those. I'd be careful though. If it works, reformat it with the disk utility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users