Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek High Definition Audio HELP

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dave0192

dave0192

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:34 PM

I'm not exactly sure how it happened but I lost my sound.

I installed the High Def Audio Codecs from the Realtek website and executed that - nothing.
I uninstalled the device and went to add new devices - it found the device, and still didnt work.

The exact description of the problem is -
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

Theres a ton of things in the sound, video and game controllers that have yellow exclamation marks by them. And I need the sound before I go back to college.
Someone please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

It is best to get the driver from the manufacturer of the computer and/or soundcard, rather then Realtek
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dave0192

dave0192
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

Do you have a link to it? Im new with the sound devices and stuff.

The manufacturer is Acer if that helps. And its a travelmate 4200

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

Audio driver is here.

#5 dave0192

dave0192
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Well I uninstalled my sound drivers from add/remove programs, then uninstalled in the device management page, and restarted.

When it finished I opened that file and launched the setup. It completed setup and asked to restart, so I restarted it.

Still there is no icon on the toolbar (the audio in control panel says No Sound Device) and now I have a different error.
Under system devices in device manager, there is a yellow exclamation next to Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.

I dont know if its useful but This is the error - Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
and this is the location of the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio - PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0

Someone please help!

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

This needs to be downloaded before the driver:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835221
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 dave0192

dave0192
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

I re-uninstalled the audio device then installed that hotfix. When it finished I restarted and installed the driver again. Restarted. Now theres just a large list of errors instead of just one in the device manager (all under audio devices). Im very confused. If you need some more information please just ask.

#8 dave0192

dave0192
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

Nothing seems to work.. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, everything. I'm stuck with the hotfix and audio files sitting uselessly on my desktop :thumbsup:

#9 LookinAround

LookinAround

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

Hi Dave0192

It may be of little satisfaction but if misery loves company you should at least know there are many, many, MANY others trying to figure out similar issues with Hi Def Audio under Windows

If you want to take a shot at this again...
1. Tell me which version of Windows and SP level you're running
2. Post a summary of problem devices reported by Windows
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices.
  • Click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post
3. In Device Manager, find the device: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
  • Rt click Properties, click Driver tab. What driver version listed there?
  • Click Driver Details button. Is hdaudbus.sys listed? Click on it and to see its file version listed. What is it?

#10 babbabia

babbabia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hi all, I've the same problem on Windows XP Pro 64 bit. I tried almost everything with no success. I have a DFI LanParty X48-T3RS with Realtek HD.
I have an exclamation mark near the device, this is the error message:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling old and new drivers, I tried disabling the UUA system device and also reinstalling it, I tried installing the various patches. Nothing... :thumbsup:

#11 LookinAround

LookinAround

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hi all, I've the same problem on Windows XP Pro 64 bit. I tried almost everything with no success. I have a DFI LanParty X48-T3RS with Realtek HD.
I have an exclamation mark near the device, this is the error message:

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling old and new drivers, I tried disabling the UUA system device and also reinstalling it, I tried installing the various patches. Nothing... :thumbsup:

babbia

Please follow the same instructions as had been given in Post #9 in this thread (you'll find the post # in the upper right in the header of each post) though is probably best to start your own thread as well when you post the results.

Edited by LookinAround, 01 February 2009 - 07:21 PM.

#12 Nelson Mwirigi

Nelson Mwirigi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:14 AM

Hi all, I have a similar problem. Something is missing on Microsoft UAA High Definition Audio . I have installed some from Realtek invain. There is a yellow exclamation beside driver on Device manager. When I troubleshoot, The error message is "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
Am using Windows xp sp3 and my machine is hp microtower

"Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A3E&SUBSYS_2A84103C&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D8 39"
:thumbsup:

Edited by Nelson Mwirigi, 04 February 2010 - 05:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users