Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new hardrive getting knocked offline now

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 berdawn82

berdawn82

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

I have a laptop, and I needed a new hardrive last month. I got one put it in, and ever since then I get knocked offline periodically through out the day. I don't know if it is the hard drive or the wireless router. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

Offline for how long?

How do you get back online?

System manufacturer and model?

Go Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter. Do you see any yellow or red markings? If so, can you tell us whatever description is by those?

Is there an entry for Network Adapters?

Louis

#3 berdawn82

berdawn82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

when I did the device manager thing, it just said stuff like the pc name,batteries,computer,disk drives..etc.
the make is acer and I don't know what the model number is..it says aspire 5570z on it, could that be it?

#4 berdawn82

berdawn82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

oh and there is a network adapter thing, when I click on it, it gives me two options, one saying Atheros wireless network adapter and then some numbers
and the other says Marvel Yukon Ethernet controller with some numbers and letters, do you need all the numbers?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

Well...I can only see the information you give us...and that information is the key to finding the correct drivers and possibly...possibly correcting your situation.

Again...when you looked in Device Manager, did you see any yellow or red markings by any device listed?

Louis

#6 berdawn82

berdawn82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

Sorry guys, I don't know much about computers. I am trying to do a screenshot, but I don't know how to paste it in here

#7 berdawn82

berdawn82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

still having the issue, just not sure what you guys want me to do, like I said I am not the smartest person when it comes to computers :thumbsup:

#8 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:48 AM

Try uploading the screenshot using a website such as imageshack.us.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users