Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Appears that competition is not always

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

The Problem With U.S. Cellphones

Cellphones in the U.S. transmit data more slowly than phones in Europe and have fewer features than those in Asia, where you can make calls on the subway or use your handset like a credit card. According to Kent German of Cnet.com, a technology website, “The U.S. is going to be behind for a long time.”

For more information see:
Article by Lyric Wallwork Winik in Parade January 4, 2009 Click Here

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

Despite everything Ron Paul says, free markets do not regulate themselves.

Competition will just as often breed the desire to crush a competitor instead of building a better product. And then you get monopolies with crappy products.

Although, I don't mind nit using my cell phone like a credit card. I've seen people who lose the cell phones faster then they lose their loose change. Something like that just seems to me like an identity theif's wet dream.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

I was reading an article in PC Magazine as to why most technology is more technologically advance in Asia, is because over their more people buy the latest thing. In other words, consumers in America are slightly more rational and frugal when it comes to buying technology than most people in Asia, specifically the teen market. Apparently more youngs folks in Asia buy the latest and greatest than do here in America.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users