Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dynamic

Dynamic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Hi, I have currently just deleted some files on my laptop. And then my keyboard has stopped working. It worked perfectly fine before and I know its not broken because the hotkeys on the keyboard works. For example if I press the calculator button then it works. But no other keys work except for the hotkeys. Right now I am using my laptop built in keyboard. So ussually I have 2 keyboards. I've already tried the keyboard on another computer and it works. So it must have been something I deleted. Everything else works fine. I've tried many things but nothing worked. I did a system restore many times and it worked but then I can do anymore system restores because it wont go past january this time. My keyboard is Logitech and is quite new. The problem is that my laptop doesnt recognize the keyboard in the device manager. Is there some kind of file I deleted that would un allow the keyboard to get recognized? Please any help would be appreciated.

Keyboard is a USB, and I'm not very good in computer stuff so I dont know what BIOS is and all that so could you please explain well

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dynamic

Dynamic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

anyone please ?

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

Is there a model number on the bottom of the keyboard? Do you still have the disk that came with it?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Jose'

Jose'

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

Have you tried unplugging your keyboard. Turn off the laptop. Wait about 15min. and turn on the laptop. Than plug your usb cable back into your laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users