Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 i200proof

i200proof

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Pretty much any time I try to open a program or start the computer, I'm getting this message below.

XXXX - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\pomijowu.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check the against your installation diskette.

I am also having an host of other problems as well that might be related. I currently have the Virtumonde BY and K and Darksma viruses. I however didn't start getting this message til after i turned off the computer while it was freezing up. i've done searches for this file online and have come up with nothing. i've also looked in the system32 folder and didn't see the file in there. any help would be sweet!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 powerjuce

powerjuce

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

Hey i200proof

With this sort of problem I suggest you ask in the Am I Infected forum.
Alternatively you can go to the HijackThis forum, where our trained HijackThis Team will be able to diagnose and fix this problem (just make sure you look at this post first).

Hope all goes well

Regards
~powerjuce

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

This stuff all points to an infection - so I'm going to move this over to the Am I Infected forum.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users