Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warcraft VS Windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeananAquarius

LeananAquarius

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

About two weeks ago, I got a monstrous case of a trojan horse called Virtumonde. It slipped past 2 antivirus programs and 3 malware detection programs, and was nothing short of an iron clad b**** to get off my machine. As far as I know, I've finally succeeded; Half the time my computer will boot up normally, half the time it gets stuck on the "Welcome" window (I run Windows XP Home Edition).

The biggest problem is that when I try to activate World of Warcraft it either freezes my system completely once I've logged in, meriting a reboot, or else my computer just automatically restarts. I defrag my computer often, virus scans (got Avira antivirus, best on the free market IMO) are clean, disk checks are also clean, I have also dusted out my computer and it doesn't seem to be overheating. I can run anything else just fine (when the freaking POS even bothers to boot up in the first place), but try to run Warcraft and suddenly the trouble begins anew.

Any advice? is it hardware, software? anything that would cause the problems with the freezing on boot-up and on trying to run the game? At this point I have no idea where to go from here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daddar

daddar

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

Try doing a Hijackthis scan and post the file on the Hikackthis thread

#3 GreyTalon

GreyTalon

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

Definitely go post it in the hijackthis are because virtumonde is a B**** fenzo just helped me get rid of it couple days ago on my computer after i had tried by myself for a couple of weeks using all the free stuff out there on my own and it has a nasty habit of putting itself back on after you get rid of it.... But i am clean now YAY! good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users