Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

access denied

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mollymoo

mollymoo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:24 AM

Ok I had a network with myself and my wife on it no problem now however although i can see all computers on the network and although wife can access me i cant access her (computer) and I can't think or find why at all.
The only things that have changed are that she installed spybot and I had specified a network address (pre router so I could connect to cable modem I used the same mac address as wifes ) and now thats set as value not present.
And thats all i know ............... this did however happen on another network years ago when I shared a house with friends though i think that was nothing to do with me i think i was somehow getting blocked but i dont know enough to know if you know what i mean.
Any suggestions would be great as i'm about to reinstall and would like to get this working afterwards :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

Well, spybot can cause lots of problems with windows file sharing. Also you will NOT want two computers on the same network to have the same MAC address as that would cause massive collisions.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users