Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

abnormal program termination

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

i have a motorola razr v3 which i transfer camera photos to my lap top via the motorola phone tools program and have been doing so for approx 18 months but to night on start up of the program a dialogue box appears with"run time error c:\program files\ mphonetools\ mphonetools exe. ABNORMAL PROGRAM TERMINATION" i have checked on google and it seems more common with trying to get on to the internet or when a program closes nothing about mphone tools, can any one help
i have unistalled the program and reinstalled it and there are no updates available so is this a xp pro system problem.
optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tehsplink

Tehsplink

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Ensure that there are no real-time protection tools blocking it, including anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware etc.
Try disabling all of these tools and check if it works then.

also try going to the windows update site in internet explorer, which can be found at http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...t.aspx?ln=en-us
It will check to see if you have the latest update software and then if you do you will be prompted to select an option for updating - either normal or custom i think it is (I'm on linux atm), select the bottom option.
It will then find any updates, you will need to go through each category and check each box... then select review and install updates (its a text link) and you may be asked to install IE 7 or 8 if your a FF user simply click deny or no on the license agreement.

Let me know how you get on after that. (don't forget to reboot)
Please PM me if i have been assisting you and do not reply for 24 hours!

#3 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

Tehsplink, thanks for the reply i will do every thing that you suggested and i will let you know the out come, i will start tonight so it will be tomorow night before i can get back to you, once again many thanks for the advice finbar

#4 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

hello Tehsplink, i tried everything you said i even uninstalled ie7 as i do not use it anymore along with the ie7 up dates, i dont know if the dialoge box heading VISUAL C++ run time library. is a system fault or in the "run time error! c:\ program files\ mobile phone tools\ mphone tools.exe. ABNORMAL PROGRAM TERMINATION. means the fault is in the mphone tools. exe and nothing to do with the os system, iwill keep trying for a couple of days and if no luck i will have to put my hand in my pocket and seek local expert advice and service,many thanks for your input and time, speak to you again in the future fin bar

#5 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

hello Tehsplink, i tried everything you said i even uninstalled ie7 as i do not use it anymore along with the ie7 up dates, i dont know if the dialoge box heading VISUAL C++ run time library. is a system fault or in the "run time error! c:\ program files\ mobile phone tools\ mphone tools.exe. ABNORMAL PROGRAM TERMINATION. means the fault is in the mphone tools. exe and nothing to do with the os system, iwill keep trying for a couple of days and if no luck i will have to put my hand in my pocket and seek local expert advice and service,many thanks for your input and time, speak to you again in the future fin bar

Try this: Ignore the windows that says Abnormal Program Termination. Find the settings section of the program and disable or untick anything that has to do with updating. Apply these settings and click OK from the Program NOT from the abnormal thing. Now you can press OK from the abnormal windows and try again! Good luck!

#6 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

hello master131 thanks for your help, i did as you said , with never having a program update in the 18 months i have used the program to transfer photos, i uninstalled the bvop live update portion of the program, there are no other update settings within the program, i then started the program from the exe. file but to no avail the program starts with the default page but when you try to progress up shoots the VISUAL C++ runtime library error, so as i said to Tehsplink i think it is nearing the time to put my hand on my pension book and seek local shop help in curing the problem, thanks again to you and Tehsplink for your help finbar

#7 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

master131 and Tehsplink, succsess at last when the program was running ok you double clicked the icon which took you to the default profile page, when clicked it asked what method of connection was being used bluetooth or usb cable, clicking on cable you where then told to FIRST connect the phone to the cable then then cable to pc and click next which then went into the program, up to today i couldnt get passed the default profile page so in desperation i tried connecting the phone with cable to the pc before clicking the program icon and it worked, i still get the page asking what to connect with but i just clicked cable and got on with it, so a some what uninspiring and contridicting end to the problem, many thanks to both of you for your help and interest in a very strange problem finbar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users