Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BAD_POOL_CALLER - WindowsXP doesn't start up normally!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skryber64

skryber64

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has a clue about this error? I have an Asus NVIDIAnForce2 motherboard (A7N8X-E Deluxe) with a radeon 9200 graphics card and running XP.
Here's what happened:
I play World of Warcraft and ever since they did a new patch, I crash about every 15-30 minutes and get BSD about video drivers. All my drivers are up to date and later figured out that my video card doesn't support the pixel shader model they included with the new patch. I took out my video card (AGP pro 8x slot) for comparison. Was going to get a new one. Wasn't sure if it was going to fix the problem was I was gonna try it anyway. When I put it back in, btw all the power was off and everything disconnected, I got BSD with BAD_POOL_CALLER error. Never seen it before, have no idea what it means. So I tried to start in Safe Mode and it did fine, with networking as well. I did multiple system restores and still same BSD error when I try to run normally or with last good config. The Windows loading screen comes up and then BSD. So.....I thought maybe I can repair the problem with windows disk. Booted off the disk and it fails saying SBp2port.sys is corrupt. Can anyone tell me if they have seen this before? Have I messed up my BIOS?
I appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance!!
:thumbsup:

Skryber64

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

You could try reinstalling the video driver in safe mode.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 skryber64

skryber64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

Alright.....so I unistalled the drivers in safe mode and was going to reinstall them after a restart. After I restarted (normally), I can hear programs starting up, like StopZilla, but had no display after the windows load screen. It was good that it actually started up, but i couldn't see anything. Apparently, something happened to my VGA drivers cuz they weren't working. Well, at this time, no matter how I booted up, no display. LOL. This morning I took my hard drive to work and connected as a slave to another computer here with XP and copied the vga files in system32 onto mine. I only had one of the 2 for some reason and replaced it. I started using vga enabled and it started up okay. Now, when I get home, I will hook it up to my computer and install the drivers, hopefully. Maybe that was problem in the 1st place. I don't know. It seems like there are 85 different causes for BAD_POOL_CALLER, it's hard to single out. I'll keep you posted. I'm crossing my fingers!!
Skryber64

Also, about the problem with having corrupted files when I tried doing a repair with Windows disc.....is it a bad idea to copy everything out of system32 off another computer with same OS and replacing mine? Everytime, I tried the Windows disc, it found a new file corrupt:

setupdd.sys - error code 157
setupreg.hiv - error code 32768
cpparray.sys
1\386c-1252.nls - error code 14
serial.sys

And prolly more that I didn't write down. Is there another way to fix this?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After itís finished it will restart into Windows automatically.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 skryber64

skryber64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

I did this and no errors were found. After I finally got it to boot, lost the BIOS, after many restarts, got back the BIOS, got display back and ending in fried motherboard. It lasted many years so I'm not too upset. Prolly shouldn't have been playing WoW knowing the video card didn't support it :thumbsup:
Thanks for your input, I always appreciate it.
Got a PowerSpec 362 and so far I'm lovin it!!

Skryber64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users