Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

popups in website

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 em0rej

em0rej

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Hello there, noob here

I've been having trouble maintaining our organization's website, whenever I log into our main page www.emi-megacities.org, there has been a pop-up window from www.goldsoon.com. I checked our template and index, but couldn't find where its coming from. I thought it was just adware but turns up in every computer I use. Pop blockers detect it and block it, but I want to remedy this problem for good.

I'm not really an IT person but I learn alot from the net, but since our organization's trying to save money I've been the one tasked to take care of our website, can someone help me out on this?

Thanks in advanced. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

It looks to me like the javascript for webstats.motigo.com is likely responsible for the popups.

#3 em0rej

em0rej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

It looks to me like the javascript for webstats.motigo.com is likely responsible for the popups.

thanks, will remove it to try and see if it works

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

Just comment it out for now. I didn't look to see if removing it would cause any problems, so better to comment it out than remove it completely. That way if there are problems, then all you need to do is uncomment that section of code.

http://webtips.dan.info/comments.html

#5 em0rej

em0rej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:04 AM

ok, thanks again, seemed to work when i unquoted it. :D

#6 Rutt Roh

Rutt Roh

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

yeah i see ads on the site too embedded within the content of some threads. i'm guessing it's not normal since this site says there are no ads?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users