Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New computer and Flash 10 won't install Please help!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 forcedlogic

forcedlogic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

I just got a new computer a few weeks ago and Flash 10 will not install. It keeps saying not enough space even thought I have over 425gigs free. I installed Flash 9 plug-in successfully but I keep getting annoying runtime errors on certain pages. Why is it not allowing me to update to flash 10? I've googled until my eyes bleed and never found a solution.

Thanks for any help or advice!
Patrick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

I think you are number 4 in just a few hours with Flash problems. I hope it's not some new malware running around. Let's assume it's not.

First uninstall all old Flash from Add/remove programs.

Then run Adobes own special uninstaller in order to get rid of the remains of all old Flash. Link here.

Then empty cache and cookies and clean the registry. CCleaner is very good at all these jobs - download link here.

Then download the new Flash Flayer.

Also: you may want to run a anti-malware scan before doing all this since it isn't clear what's bugging your PC. Try running full scans with the two best freeware anti-malware scanners on the marked today. Run them one by one - full scan. Both can remove what they find:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - download link: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
SUPERAntiSpyware - download link: http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

Since they have no realtime protection, they will both co-exist peacefully with your ordinary security software.

#3 forcedlogic

forcedlogic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Pretty sure it's not spyware or maleware because I just got this computer and I tried installing it when I had just installed windows before ever going on the net. I will try those and see what's up I think it's possible it might be a problem with Flash 10.

#4 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

PS: if you are having problems downloading any of this, please say so. Then it could be your installer program that is causing problems and we'll have to look at that instead.

Edited by ePost, 04 January 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#5 forcedlogic

forcedlogic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

Ran the special uninstaller. uninstalled prefectly. Went to reinstall flash 10 player and got:
You do not have sufficient disk space to complete this installation.

Ran a virus scan this morning. Nothing. No spyware so far either.

#6 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

It really is a very, very good idea to run extra malware scannings anyway. Daily fast scannings are recommended these days. The Internet has never been more dirty.

You have already made several download attempts on a computer that is several weeks old and have been on the Internet for just as long and you have also googled until your eyes bleed, you write. That tells me that malware actually is an option here.

Also I just wrote a post about clogged installers. It might help you as well. Link here.

Edited by ePost, 04 January 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#7 forcedlogic

forcedlogic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

I think I found a solution to everyone's problem. It seems someone discovered this:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/for...hreadid=1394020

Apparently the flash player looks for the main hard drive to be C: people who's hard drives are set to say I: like mine run into problems. Basically just bad programming on adobes part but I still can not install the player.

:thumbsup:

#8 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

Did you empty cache and cookies?

#9 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

Adobe has an acticle about:

Error: "You do not have sufficient disk space to complete this installation" when installing Flash Player 10 on Windows

Link here.

#10 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

I'm not fast enough! :thumbsup: I didn't se post about the article.

Edited by ePost, 04 January 2009 - 08:48 PM.

#11 forcedlogic

forcedlogic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

I got it working. For those who are curious here is how it works. Check your hard drive under my computer to see if it is set to anything other than C:. If it is you will need a usb thumb drive. Insert the thumb drive and install necessary drivers. After that right click on my computer and goto manage. Go down to Disk Management and find the thumb drive which should show up on the list. Change the letter to C: and drag and drop the downloaded flash player to the thumb drive. Click to run from the thumb drive and ShaZam, Flash should install.

#12 bealer46

bealer46

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:55 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#13 bealer46

bealer46

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:57 AM

#14 bealer46

bealer46

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:13 AM

i coud'nt install adobe flash player or change my hard drive letter.i pulled a old hard drive out of a old computer that i have'nt used for years.i installed it as drive c. then once the flash player was loaded on the old drive i moved the player to my main drive.it worked fine.i can enjoy youtube again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users