The infection you have usually doesn't go away that easy...
If there are no more problems or signs of infection, you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one
. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back
" to a clean working state.The easiest and safest way to do this is
- Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
- Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
- Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
- Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
- Click "Ok"
- Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
- Click the "More Options" Tab.
- Click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
- Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
- Click Yes, then click Ok.
- Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
- Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
You need only one anti-virus package loaded. I must yield to your work IT staff to say what is loaded though. Many people use SpyBot and its Teatimmer package as protection, and are very pleased. I don't know anything about BOClean, so I won't comment.
I would recommend keeping your antivirus current and uptodate.
Scanning at least once a week with Malwarebytes. It is a very good at what it does.
Practice safe surfing
Find a firewall. There are many out there that are free. Here is a link
If you have any other questions - just ask