Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, Noobie here

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArchibaldIronfist

ArchibaldIronfist

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Hi folks,

Just another noob looking for help desperately as I reach the limit of my IT skills...

...sorry? Plug it in AND switch it on, you say..?

Thank you for having me. :thumbsup:

Archibald Ironfist

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Welcome to BC
Our members will be happy to help you with any problems you may have
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

It's a two-step process!
Welcome to BC.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 ArchibaldIronfist

ArchibaldIronfist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, Fellas. I feel most welcome here.

I'll probably post tomorrow - but nothing too exciting. I seem to have the same 'Google Redirect' problem I see a lot of other people have had lately. But this seems to be the place to come and get it fixed!

On that note can I just say thanks in advance. Whether you are able to help or not, it's just strangely comforting to be able to come somewhere that there's hope and a chance to discuss what's, for people like me, a very disturbing situation.

I can't say that I really relate to those people who are creating these worms and viruses. It seems like an awfully negative way to live frankly. Getting your kicks out of spreading misery and fear. I suppose they must be pretty lonely inside.

Anyway, enough philosophising. Just wanted to say thanks for actually being here. It means more than you might think. :thumbsup:

Archibald Ironfist

PS. LMAO When I saw Two Step Process all I could think of was dancing!!!!! I just realised you meant the plugging in and switching on!! I am so English!

Edited by ArchibaldIronfist, 05 January 2009 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users