Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird registry folder... Need help please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 ccmetz

ccmetz

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hello everyone, it seems that my explored.exe file is missing and I also notice a folder called" your image name here without a path". Inside the folder is a debugger with data ntsd-d and something called globalflag. What can I do to get my computer working normal? This all started my taskbar and desktop items weren't showing up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ccmetz

ccmetz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

Sorry to reply to my own topic but I'm typing this on my iPod touch right now and if I don't get a reply before it runs out of battery, I won't be able to look on here again. I really need help fast if anyone knows what to do. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

#3 ccmetz

ccmetz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Ok so I guess no one knows what this is? To me it seems like an unnatural folder created by a virus or something. I already ran a spyware program and removed or quarantined the ones it detected. However my problems with explorer.exe did not stop. I checked my registry and explorer.exe is missing and there is this mysterious folder. How do I remove it if I even should... I'm very confused and begging for help at this point...

Edit: is there any particular reason you guys aren't replying? Did I do something wrong?

Edited by ccmetz, 04 January 2009 - 06:54 PM.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Is this the same computer as this one: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193247/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-constantly-disappearing/ ?

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 ccmetz

ccmetz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

yes it is and i would prefer to use the other topic because i think it explains my situation better. You can close this one and just pay attention to the other topic. Sorry!

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Okey-doke. :flowers: I'll close this one to avoid confusion.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users