Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

running autocad after restart and still lags

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 waijay

waijay

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

ok so im trying to use autocad, but its laggy, and normally its fine........i got this desktop like a 4 months ago, so it shouldn't b a problem......im looking at my performace bar and 30% of my memory is being used.....cpu is at 0-8%......but i just restarted, i don't understand what is going on. Please help me, thanks! Btw i am using autocad 2009, at first i thought it was autocad's problem, but even after i close the program, 30% of my ram is still being used. Please help!!

Edited by waijay, 04 January 2009 - 05:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

There might be a slight hardware issue or a resource error.

We will start with a hardware issue investigation.

Check the hardware compatibility list and then post back in your next reply if your hardware is/is not listed and compatible for AutoCAD 2009.

Video Card

After you check that and it is listed, then make sure your Graphics card is up to date.

#3 waijay

waijay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

Okay, I think i know what the problem is, just not sure how to fix it. I tried uninstalling the whole program and getting rid of everything autocad related to make sure everything is deleted. I tried installing again and a message saying my machine contains a 3D Device that is not certified. You can check for updates and download the latest certification list at any time. Run the 3DCONFIG command and click the Check for Updates button. But the problem is, I tried checking for updates, but after it finish searching, it says Performance tuner failed to update. Please check your network connection and make sure you have write permission to the file...........So what am i suppose to do now?

Here is a log from Autocad 2009: and btw I am using an Intel Quad Core Q6600. I know all my hardware is more than enough to handle cad.

Performance Tuner Results Log
Version: 17.2.0.1
Date of Last Tune: 1/5/2009

Machine Configuration
---------------------
Processor Speed : 2.4 GHz
RAM : 4094 MB

3D Device
---------
Name : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Manufacturer : NVIDIA
Chip set : GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Memory : 2289 MB
Driver : 7.15.0011.8048

Your machine contains a 3D Device that is not certified.

As more graphics cards and 3D display drivers are tested, they are added to a list on the Autodesk website.

You can check for updates and download the latest certification list at any time. Run the 3DCONFIG command and click the Check for Updates button.

Current application driver: direct3d9.hdi

Current Effect Status:
----------------------
Enhanced 3D Performance: Available and on
Smooth line display: Not available
Gooch shader: Available and using hardware
Per-pixel lighting: Available and on
Full-shadow display: Available and on
Texture compression: Available and off

Available application drivers and effect support:
-------------------------------------------------
Software driver
Effect support:

Enhanced 3D Performance: Not applicable
Smooth line display: Not applicable
Gooch shader: Software emulation only
Per-pixel lighting: Not applicable
Full-shadow display: Not applicable
Texture compression: Not applicable

Direct3D driver: Not Certified
Effect support:

Enhanced 3D Performance: Available
Smooth line display: Not applicable
Gooch shader: Available
Per-pixel lighting: Available
Full-shadow display: Available
Texture compression: Available
Enhanced 2D Performance: Available

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

With it not being certified, it causes problems running autocad.

#5 waijay

waijay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

hmmmm what should i do? get another copy of autocad 09, orrrr just use an older version?

#6 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:52 AM

:huh: Download updates for Autocad and see if this solves the problem first. If your license server is up-to-date, then you may be in luck. Also, you need to check for updates for your driver. As Autocad improves, it needs updated drivers. It is the driver that is not certified, and the device is fine.

Direct3D driver: Not Certified

<a href="http://www.drivershq.com/Drivers/Devices/Dell-nVidia-GeForce-9800GT-Graphics-Driver/31971/22/Drivers.aspx" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
First possibility</a>: check device to be sure of update!
Second possibility

System requirements For 64-bit AutoCAD 2009:

* Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows Vista 64-bit
* AMDŽ 64 or Intel EM64T processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 750 MB free disk space for installation
* AutoCAD 64-bit cannot be installed on a 32-bit Windows operating system

:huh: Contact their support line.

Let me know if anything has worked for you!

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 06 January 2009 - 06:09 AM.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

I'd also suggest uninstalling your current video drivers (from Control Panel...Programs).
Then download the latest, WHQL certified version of the drivers for your system from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Install them and see if that helps.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 waijay

waijay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'd also suggest uninstalling your current video drivers (from Control Panel...Programs).
Then download the latest, WHQL certified version of the drivers for your system from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Sighhh, still lags, I am running out of ideas. Would avoiding autocad 09, and getting an older version of Cad might solve my problem?

#9 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

Go for 2008. It should work better! It seems as if your video card is just too good for the program. :huh:

Sighhh, still lags, I am running out of ideas. Would avoiding autocad 09, and getting an older version of Cad might solve my problem?

#10 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

-Very good observation by the way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users