Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spware guard is driving me mad!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 capitalking

capitalking

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

my comp was recently infected w/ spyware guard 2008. now, i've read dozens of websites telling me to delete certain things, and download various programs. i've done all this. and hey, there it is still. i delete the file, remove it, start running my malwarebyte program, and POOF!!! It's back before I can start the scan. i'm a patient person, but i'm beginning to come unglued here!! any help?

Edit: Moved topic from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tehsplink

Tehsplink

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

Try running a scan on malwarebytes with the window open.

If that doesn't work try doing an online scan in IE at http://www.eset.com/onlinescan. Tick remove found objects, and remove unwanted applications.

Try using RogueRemoverFree which is from the same people that made Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which can be found at http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

Might i also suggest trying out another product... I use Spyware Terminator as my main product, which provides free real-time protection as well this can be found at spywareterminator.com and integrate ClamAV from within the settings.

Apart from that im not allowed to really help you, and this thread should be removed to the am i infected? what can i do? forum.

Try my suggestions, but if they don't work then seek professional help from our HijackThis team.
Please PM me if i have been assisting you and do not reply for 24 hours!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users