Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sagipsul.com pop ups

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 justwilson

justwilson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

I had an infection that continued to run "rapid antivirus 2.7" and blue screen warnings popped up I ran every anti spy malware I could find and I think I killed off everything except I keep getting these annoying pop ups from sagipsul.com and it is driving me crazy. I have a hijackthis installed if that helps. if anyone has a clue please and thanks in advance

Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

What is the content of these popups?

Louis

#3 justwilson

justwilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

the ones from sagipsul.com have always been blank the most annoying thing is that they pop up when I am typing usually in the search area of google and I look up and only the first three letters are there, I have had one other pop up from a psychic and she must know that the next time I see her website I am going to give her a call and let her guess what I'm thinking.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hi you have run Malware bytes?? If not start a topic in the Am I Infected forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 justwilson

justwilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

yes malewarebytes, spybot S&D, adaware, CCleaner all in and out of safe mode I dont know if that makes a difference

#6 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

Did you run Malwarebytes as a full scan? Also there are two minor issues with Malwarebytes: you need to run a full scan for all users (user profiles) on that machine. One by one. This might explain the left-overs. The other thing is that is doesn't run very good in safe mode. Ordinary mode will do it - it is designed to run in ordinary mode, the developers says.

Edited by ePost, 04 January 2009 - 04:56 PM.

#7 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

I googling to confirm this about having to run a full scan with Malwarebytes for every user on the machine. I'm almost sure that I'm not confusing Malwarebytes with an other malware program. I think it's true what I just wrote above but other opinions are welcome...

UPDATE: Yes. It is true. I found it but it's not in English. I'll put a link in if I find one.

Edited by ePost, 04 January 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#8 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

Here from a Bleepingcomputer moderator:

MBAM is designed to remove malware with a Quick Scan that looks at the most prevalent places for active malware so scanning every single file on the drive isn't always necessary. Both do full heuristics, memory, load points and multiple other malware checks. However, MBAM stores each configuration in the current user's key so each user can configure it to operate differently. For comprehensive cleaning its best to do a Quick Scan on each user account so everyone's registry gets scanned for malware as well.

Source.

So: a quick scan will do it after all. :thumbsup:

Edited by ePost, 04 January 2009 - 04:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users