Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does adobe acrobat reader pop up just before a virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Imaloser

Imaloser

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

I made a thread here and a someone suggested I post it in am i infected instead.

Okay, lets say im browsing a website, and then suddenly, I would be presented with adobe acrobats loading screen (I did not click on this), after it is finished loading, I would get these fake alert msgs at the bottom of my screen saying I have a virus and blahblahblah (you know the drill). Why is this? This has happened many times. The first time a site loaded adobe successfully and I got windows xp virus 2008. :/ Went to a different website, again I get adobe's loading screen and I let it load successfully (thinking the first time was just a fluke. very stupid on my part) and then I contracted the windows xp virus 2009, which got so bad I had to post in another forum and get help because my computer wouldnt start. I thought it was just certain sites, but I recently got the adobes loading screen on mangafox and surfthechannel. I did not let it fully load, so now everytime see AA load without clicking on it, I immediately turn off my computer and disconnect my internet. There was only one time AA loaded successfully and I didnt get any virus. It was some band website, it loaded and then just disappeared.

I thought it was just my crappy computer or something, so I tried it on my dad's comp. He didnt get the loading screen, but he got a pop up saying "A program is trying to open up using adobe acrobat. Will you allow this?" At least with my dad's comp it ASKS him, but it just opens on my computer without any warning.

This is getting really annoying.

Please help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Imaloser

Imaloser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

Jeez. I ran MBAM nearly every time and it didnt find anything. I updated and it actually found something

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1612
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

1/4/2009 12:33:02 PM
mbam-log-2009-01-04 (12-33-02).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 61763
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 37 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\{014da6c9-189f-421a-88cd-07cfe51cff10} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\rhc1ltj0ep21 (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SecurityProviders (Broken.SecurityProviders) -> Bad: (msapsspc.dll schannel.dll digest.dll msnsspc.dll) Good: (msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

I rebooted and ran it again (quick scan) and it didnt find anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users