Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to forum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 411Locate

411Locate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

I am new to this forum but not new to the Internet.

I found this forum while looking for help with my personal computer. A family member must have opened an attachment or by someway I was hit with "spyware", and I use a spyware blocker "spy sweep", and run noadware, spybot, panda, house keeping.. nothing helped getting rid of the spyware that seemed to control my computer.

It was "JimButt", and error# 317.. both a pain in the butt, and I hope you never get them.

More ot the story... Software Companies were willing to help if I subscribed to thier service, but I could not see from their trail version they knew how to fix the problem.

Then I found this forum and the fix for "jimbutt", and I wanted to thank the source.. "Grinler". To do so I had to first register, which I did, and introduce myself, which I have now also done.

Grinler.. THANK YOU very much. Also the "error #317".. I found it in my root directory titled "!submit".. I deleted the content.

I wish you and the fourm success..

Kind Regards

Mod Edit~ edited because part of this post is spam and is not tolerated at Bleeping Computer.

Edited by Pandy, 19 May 2005 - 03:02 PM.

I am confused so I am going to go find myself, if I return before I get back plase tell me to wait.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:33 AM

Hi and welcome to BC.

What you will need to do is start with getting a
great program called HijackThis. You'll find the
free download here of the latest version (always important to stay up-to-date on your AV, adware and spyware fighting programs, etc...). You'll also find easy instructions on how to save it and use it.

Once you have your HJT (HijackThis) log, you'll want to post it to its appropriate forum which you will find here.

Our staff works on a volunteer, first-come-first-served basis so please allow them a bit of time to get to your log, analyze it, and reply with further instructions on your infection removal. They are the best and the fastest on the web.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

~TA~

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! 411Locate.
Hope you remove all the bad programs with TA's instructions.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

#4 411Locate

411Locate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:35 PM

He has been a great help.

We can all use help, I plan to scan some of the other discussions.

Thanks
I am confused so I am going to go find myself, if I return before I get back plase tell me to wait.

#5 411Locate

411Locate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:58 AM

I do apologize for having my website url linked as part of my signature, and it has been removed.

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:01 AM

Thank you and :thumbsup: to Bleeping computer.

You will find that this site is full of wonderful, understanding and helpful members.

BTW I love the new quote in your sig. :flowers:
Posted Image

#7 411Locate

411Locate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:07 AM

Thank you, and you can see from my first intro I do need help.

I am gald there is a forum for helping with issues such as spyware it has truely grown into a major problem.

I have not seen a discussion area for SPAM problems, or idenity theft, but what is here is rich content.. thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users