Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blinking Start Menu & Icons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jillypoo

jillypoo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

i'm guessing i have a spyware/malware/adware whatever, my start menu and icons blink forever when i turn on my computer. also when i start my computer a black screen comes up and says "Disk 0..." something, and ihave to press F1 to start the boot, or F2 to go to the blue setup screen.
I have tried everything. I've run all kinds of adware removal programs, antivirus programs, defragged, did disk clean up, deleted recently downloaded programs.
i do not have a windows disk, so i dont want to wipe the hard drive. I also dont want to take it to a computer shop as they charge a lot of money.
I have no idea what else to do. Please help me. You can reach me at email address removed

also, i cannot start system restore. and it does the same thing in safe mode.

Thank you.
Jillian

Edited by jillypoo, 04 January 2009 - 02:57 PM.
Email address removed to prevent bot farming.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jillypoo

jillypoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

should i have posted this somewhere else? please help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users