Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network printing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brunogranlund

brunogranlund

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

:thumbsup: I have a net at home consisting of three PC (wired), one PC and two laptops on wireless and a HP ColorLaserjet 3600DN (wired).
Some weeks ago we had difficulties getting our prints without restarting the computer or the printer in the entire network.
I have tried to reinstall the drivers without success. and I have changed to a permanent IP-adress for the printer and changed the parameters in the printers panel.
It seems as if the printer looses its contact with the net after a short while after being started. The computer says it is ready, but can't get in contact when printing.
Now we have to shut down the printer, order print on the computer and run to the printer to start it. Then it is possible to print several documents for a very short time (minute).
I have searched for possible viruses that can affect the function, but I have not found any. I found and removed boot.com and autorun.inf on almost all partitions in two computers. That didn't change the function.
Anyone having had problems with the internal DirectJet printerserver in HP printers?

Bruno

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

With printers...it seems that the solution always starts with removing the software and then reinstalling same.

That's what I would start with.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users