Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2003

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lloydlec

Lloydlec

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

OK so here is my next problem. I own Office 2003 upgrade all legal I have the serial number. HOWEVER after the crash of my system I have had to reinstall everything and really only want Outlook back as I discovered Open Office! BUT when I try and activate the product it asks for the Office 200 or Office 98 disk which I no longer have - any ideas on getting around this Microsoft are being there normal helpful selves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

You might prefer Open Source alternatives, depending on what you are really using Outlook FOR. If it is only to handle E-mail, for example, Mozilla's Thunderbird will easily do that.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Lloydlec

Lloydlec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

I am really only interested in the Calender in Outlook - as for the rest of MS bye bye! :thumbsup:

#4 TxTazDad

TxTazDad

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

if you still have the license key. you should probably be able to get it re-activated by phone (which I have had to do a few times & was pretty painless

#5 hatecomputers

hatecomputers

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

Have you considered Google Calendar? It allows you to export your data in xml and several other formats so that you can sync the data. The info would be accessible via internet, has most of the top features such as reminders by SMS, email and popup notice on your computer. Go to google.com, if you have a gmail acct login

http://www.google.com/calendar

here is a sample calendar that I created for a friend http://harmonywellness.org/classes-yoga-wellness.html. It only took me 30 minutes to add the items to the calendar. On the example calendar page you can see the options available to download or insert. Also as far as being accessible on the internet you can keep all or some of the data private.

It has been a life saver for me for appointments due to the reminders going to my phone by sms. Email to my desktop and the popup on my laptop.... although I have no excuses on why I am late now!! :thumbsup:

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help.

have a great weekend,

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users