Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

milehighads help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _Donna_

_Donna_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

use firefox, and over the xmas period i somehow have some kind of malware virus,, its pops up and on the says contextual ads from milehighads, i have ran spyhunter, and mcfee, but neither of these have found it,, anyone have anyidea what i need to do pls as its slowing my connection and is annoying thank you
i use xp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

Hello Donna.

Let's see what we can find.

Disable Realtime Protection
Antimalware programs can interfere with the tools we need to run. Please temporarily disable all realtime protections you have enabled. Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.

Download and run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
If you already have MBAM installed, simply update and run a quick scan.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware setup and to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2

Refer to the steps given here on installing MalwareBytes, running the scan, and saving the log file (not on using File Assasin).
  • If you have trouble updating, try the other mirror download site.
  • Should the computer in question not be able update using the normal method download the update file from here, using another machine if needed. Simple double click the file to install the updates.
  • If MalwareBytes asks to reboot to remove certain items, do so right away.
Please include the scan logfile in your next reply.

With Regards,
The Panda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users