Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:08 PM
OK, a bit more aggressive this time:
- uninstall all software relating to the fingerprint reader in the Control Panel...Programs applet
- go into Device Manager, locate the fingerprint reader, right click on it and select "Uninstall" - DO NOT let Windows reinstall it.
- reboot and don't let Windows reinstall anything. If it does, uninstall it again (but don't reboot)
- install the driver that you downloaded first (don't do a repair, you want a complete install), then the software.
- reboot again and see if it works now.
BTW - another possibility is that the reader itself is malfunctioning. If this doesn't fix it, and the system is still under warranty - I'd suggest taking it in for service while it's still under warranty.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.