Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop hangs on start up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AYSTER

AYSTER

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

Hey, for the last 3-4 days when I start up my computer and it goes to the desktop it freezes for almost exactly 16 minutes and then goes on as normal. I have been patient enough to wait the 16 minutes last few days but now I'm getting sick of it lol So I was wondering if maybe you guys had any answers for me, any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Event Viewer tell mes that

The Server service hung on starting

and

The Computer browser service depends on the server service which failed to start because of the following error: After starting the service hung on a start-pending state.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 powerjuce

powerjuce

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

take a look at this link here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319127
See if that helps with your problem.
If not please download the file below to your desktop and then run it.
You will know it has completed when you see a notepad file pop up.
Copy everything in that log, then paste it onto the forum, and we can see what services that are running.

hope all goes well
Regards
~powerjuce

Files needed:
[attachment=10705:findfile.bat]

Edited by powerjuce, 04 January 2009 - 08:23 AM.

#3 AYSTER

AYSTER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Problem solved :D It was because I had just installed a Lexmark printer so had to change the server name in the registry. Thanks for leading me to the page there :thumbsup:

#4 powerjuce

powerjuce

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

No Problem, glad I could help

Regards
~powerjuce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users