Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

open office

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 matchstich

matchstich

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

i have open office and got a resume template, cept when i try to save in a doc format to use in word pad, its is all scrambled, i can pdf, in 7.0, anyone know what im doing wrong?

(Mod edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 19 May 2005 - 09:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

What kind of file are you saving it as? Why wordpad?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

I must say Word Pad / Note Pad are very useless unless well jotting down notes. When you save documents using Open Office, Word documents should be saved .doc and excel as .xls. That is so the file can be opened within MS Office and Open Office. And i'm sure the notepad. Note: i have never used notepad / wordpad. But i'm sure they can be opened but in NOtepad/Wordpad they won't be set out because they have nothing like Word.

#4 matchstich

matchstich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:49 AM

i dont have word, i got the resume template from Microsoft, it works good in open office, but when i try to save as a doc. , to send to employers, it is all messed up, not in the order i typed it, and i cant send as a open office document because , it seems, that most on line programs dont accept it. i went looking for a resume program, got resume workshop, just need a basic program, nothing fancy, R W doesnt fill that need, im just confused, i thought i would be able to use notepad to edit and whatever, but i guess i cant.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:58 AM

I have never tried a MS Word template in OO.o, but I assume there is some prior formatting in the template that is not being read by OO. You might try saving the resume as RTF and then converting THAT to a Word document. Did you save the Word template as an OO template first?

Here is a source for some OO.o templates; there is a resume that you might want to use:

http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/downloads/english/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users