Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't get rid of trojan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mommy2four

Mommy2four

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

Hi!

A week or so ago I started having a file popping up - something showing as "common" and I googled the title that was inside it, and it came back as a trojan. I have AVG and Spybot - ran them and nothing showed up. So, I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware - as that was recommended to get rid of this. Ran it, no more pop ups. Ran it again today just to make sure, and it's showing I still have a trojan. Googled the name of the trojan this time and talked to a friend and they suggested I download Malwarebytes, so I did. I did a full scan, and it came back with a bunch of stuff, including the Trojan, and said it couldn't delet that until I restarted my computer. So, I did - restarted and re ran the Malwarebytes to see if it was really gone...Well, it's still showing up. This is what it says.

Certain items can not be removed. The first few are listed below. All items that could not be removed have been added to the delete on reboot list. Please restart your computer now. A log file was saved to the logs folder.
TROJAN BHO registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{afd4ad01-58c1-47db-a404-fbe00a6c5486}.

Then it says to restart computer to get rid of this. I've scanned my computer 3 times, rebooted after, and it's not getting rid of it. Not sure what to do at this point. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

Hi,

I'm going to redirect you to the HijackThissection of this forum. This, because it's a deeper infection.
Read this page and follow it's steps: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Good luck. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users