Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would like to upgrade RAM (Noob here)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RoseFohn

RoseFohn

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

I went to Egghead, and all the choices! I would like to up the RAM on my computer, but have never done it before. There were so many choices on egghead, i have NO idea what one to get!

I have attached a Report from Belarc that list's everything on my computer, I am very into gaming (World Of Warcraft - Wrath Of The Lych King) I hope this will help you steer me in the right direction. Many years ago, i tried replacing the 'sticks' but they would not work and wound up having to take it to a shop and paying big bucks and buying yet another stick. I can no long afford such expenses.

Do you have any suggestions with the many offers they have?

Totally overwhelmed in choices

Rose[attachment=10682:System_R..._2009_01.htm]

Edit: Attachment deleted due to privacy concerns. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 03 January 2009 - 11:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

Your motherboard supports up to 2GB of DDR2 RAM. The OCZ Vista Edition Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB) would do well. It's a good idea to keep the memory all the same. Since the memory is inexpensive, that shouldn't be too difficult.

3939.png

#3 RoseFohn

RoseFohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:01 AM

The description for that link says For Vista, will it work for a system that is using XP?

(Or did i misunderstand the description?)

Thank you for all y our help! You all here absolutely ROCK!

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

Yes, the Windows version running on the system won't matter - I think the "Vista Edition" is a little in-joke by the manufacturer celebrating how much Vista helps memory sales... :thumbsup:

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 RoseFohn

RoseFohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

:thumbsup:

Thank you so much!

Rose