Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthislog...What do I delete?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 silenteyes

silenteyes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

I'm new here, mostly on behalf of my recent installation of Hijackthis. I ran my first scan, and it found many problems; however, I'm not educated on what to keep or what to delete. Perhaps you could help? I attached the Hijackthis Log, let me know if there are any problems acquiring it.

Also, I ran Norton Security Scan and it found 37 threats of Adware, Cookies, Trackware, and Virus'. The main file of the Virus found was named c:\windows\nar.vbs. It has a high threat warning, but I can't seem to find any program that will delete it. What should I do? I'm noticing extreme slowing of my computer recently, so I'm worried my computer might not even be functionable soon. All help is welcome. Thanks for your answers.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hello silenteyes

Welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbsup:
========================
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users