Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security settings prevent downloading with IE 6

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jouet de Destin

Jouet de Destin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

Recently I have been having a problem with downloading any kind of file. Everytime I do, a message pops up saying "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded." Now I know this happens when your security settings are set high so I went to Internet Options and set my Internet security level to medium and made sure File Download was enabled. I tried downloading something else but still I end up with the same result. I even set my security to low and the same thing happens.
I use Windows XP and McAfee VirusScan/Firewall. I have no viruses and I figured maybe it was my firewall so I turned it off but I still get the same message. I do not recall making any big changes with my computer or downloading anything that could have caused my problem. I've felt like I've tried everything so I'm pretty much fed up with my computer. I need help desperately.
"I'm special...princess special."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

See if this helps:

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.a...ticleid=Q102723