Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD burn trouble...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fragsrus

Fragsrus

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

I have an HP dv9500CTO running vista SP1 and have been having a problem with my dvd drive for some time now. the problem is that it will not burn to anything but dvd+rw. it will read everything just fine but when buring to +/-r it always errors during the lead in process. i have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drive/drivers as well as deleting the upper/lower filters but the problem remains. if there is anyone here that can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it.

sincerely,
Fragsrus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

Is there any way you can take out the DVD burner from the system (provided you are NOT violating your warranty, if any) and plug it into another working system to test it ? That way you can check if it is the burner's fault, or a software conflict.

#3 Fragsrus

Fragsrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

unfortunately not, this is the only laptop in the house :thumbsup: thanks for the response though... i am really not wanting to contact HP support again. they tell me the same things every time and then when those initial steps dont work they start giving me link to guides on "how to burn a dvd"

#4 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:53 AM

Have you tried using different +R/-R discs?

Maybe those discs just aren't compatible with your current burner.

That happened to be once, and I had to upgrade the firmware on my dvd burner.

#5 Fragsrus

Fragsrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:43 AM

I have multiple brands and have tried them all. i have even checked the firmware to make sure it is the most current... grr, this is a very annoying problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users