Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft office 2000

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lusardix

lusardix

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:43 PM

we have just reinstalled operating system on pc, we have dics but cannot find the key, any ideas?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CarbonX

CarbonX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

Did you purchase Microsoft Office 2000? It should be in the booklets that came with it or the back/inside of the case.

Also check that is not a trial.

Edited by CarbonX, 03 January 2009 - 03:14 PM.

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

http://magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
it's recover the keys windows or office if they're legitimate.

#4 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

Just for interest tos226, would that work even though the original OS itself is no longer on the system?

#5 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

I don't think so. I only used it once and got a nice list of keys so I don't have to hunt for disks.
So your only alternative is find your installation disks and on the box it'll have the key.
For Windows, the label on the computer might work, but I don't know.

If the Windows you have is one of those OEM installations, it might contain some trial version of Office, for instance OneNote or Works. The key might be there. It's trial, but good enough to recover the key and then update.

Edited by tos226, 09 January 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Just to remind everyone about the Forum Rules which state:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

No one in this topic has said anything that would be in violation but I just wanted to remind everyone about it.

In the event you are unable to recover your Product Key, you may want to contact Microsoft. Read this MS Knowledgebase Article on getting new product keys issued: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823570

You may also want to look into other office suite alternatives such as OpenOffice.org which are free and open source and thus don't require Product Activation.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 09 January 2009 - 06:53 PM.

#7 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

Dear Amazing Andrew,
regarding "No one in this topic has said anything that would be in violation but I just wanted to remind everyone about it."
good you noticed :thumbsup:
and I certainly have no intention of crossing that line.
Calling Microsoft is the last resort in my book, so if the user has some way to use their own disks and boxes, the solution is in front of them someplace IMO :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users