Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about CC Cleaner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:48 PM

i run CC Cleaner about once a month on our computer (just to clear out the rubbish)
Problem i'm having is that we have 6 user accounts on our computer and i have to go into each account to clean them.
I've looked in the options to set the cleaner to clean every account in 1 go but am having problems.
When i try to add a folder i get a message saying:
Warning!
This folder will be emptied of all files upon cleaning.
Are you sure you want to do this.
What does it mean by... all files??

BBPP6nz.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

i have been to the C Cleaner website and have found this information

Does it clean all the user accounts on the computer or just the current one?  At the moment CCleaner supports cleaning the current user's account only. This may change in a future release.

Still not sure what is meant by....All Files though.
But at least i have the main question answered.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:19 PM

It means that all files in the folder you add will be erased along with any folders in that folder, leaving an empty folder. If you scan with CCleaner you can go through the list to see what will be removed. If you see something you do or don't like in the list, close CCleaner without making any changes and go back to the options and make the adjustments.

Edited by Leurgy, 21 May 2005 - 12:20 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users