Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor goes to sleep during gaming

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Asuraac

Asuraac

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

So this is the 2nd time this has come up so I wanted to get some extra opinions on this. Last night i was playing WAR Online, my computer had been on for most of the day and running perfect when all of a sudden my monitor just goes into hibernation. It just went black, displayed the no DVI signal and refused to respond when attempting to do anything to bring it out of hibernation, the only solution was to reset the computer Via the button. The first time i have come across this problem was actually a month ago when i first updgraded to the new Nvidia 180.48 drivers, i had been using nvidias Performance package as well for overclocking of my GPU. After upgrading to 180.48 the monitor would cut out upon starting the computer up right after windows loads i'd see my desktop background for a second, then the monitor would shut off. I knew at this time that it had to be the drivers. i uninstalled everything to do with my Nvidia drivers, including the Performance software for overclocking, ran Driver cleaner Pro and reinstalled 180.48 and have been fine now untill last night.

Im sure this is not a heat issue with my Graphics card as i was running GPUZ to monitor gpu heat after the first time it happened last night. My Gpu temps were around 38c idle and 55c max under gaming load.

heres my sys specs

Asus P5K3 Deluxe
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 running at 3.0 ghz
2gb OCZ Gold DRR3 at 1333 mhz
2x Seagate Barracuda 250gb in Raid 0
BFG 9600 GT OC
Antec 900 Case
Antec Neo Power 650w PSU
Win xp pro sp3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users