Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi -- New Member Here!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carolindy

carolindy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

I have been welcomed to the New Year with malware on my main PC, so I'm working from my Mac today, hoping there are better minds out there that can help me. When I started searching answers when I knew I was in big trouble, I came across BleepingComputer.com. It feels good to know we're not alone and that others are so willing to share and help out.

I do know the names of the malware that have taken up residence on my computer. I'm running Windows XP with Service Pack 3. The bad guys are:

Downloader ConHook OJ Trojan
Downloader Tiny AIA Trojan
AV360

I've downloaded (and paid for) two spyware programs but the trojan(s) will not allow one of them to run and the other one doesn't seem to be able to rid my system of these hijackers. That's exactly what they are doing...hijacking my browsers, among many other nasty things.

I have Spy Sweeper and XoftSpySE, but neither can do anything. It freezes up my computer as soon as I try to do almost anything. It won't let me download anything that would remove spyware. I think I'm in trouble.

Carolindy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

Hi carolindy.Welcome to Bleeping Computer. :thumbsup:
May I suggest, you Post this problem, in the "Am I infected Forum" and I am sure the Techies, will find a fix, quickly for you.

#3 carolindy

carolindy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

Thanks...I'm starting my journey to recovery...I hope! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users