Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC infected with browser redirect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slinkydonkey

slinkydonkey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

Hello

My customers PC looks like it hasa problem as both IE and Firefox are getting redirected to abcjmp.com/jump2 they are running rindows XP SP2.
I have tired in this order:
CCleaner
Spybot Search and Destroy
Norton Internet Secuirty
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes (but this will not load at all now)

Initialy the PC was infected with the 360 Virus which Malwarebytes found and removed most of it. I am at a loss as how to remove the spyware redirect can someone please help me?
I may have to reimage his pc at this rate :thumbsup:

Do you need me to run Hijack This?

Please Help
Thanks
Paul :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

This is a browser hijacker.

I will let a moderator take care of this, and with getting you set up with HijackThis. Do not take any further action, and please wait it out until a moderator is able to assist you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users