Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound is not working in SONY VAIO Laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pragadeesh

pragadeesh

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hi,

I've Sony Vaio VGN-CR240E laptop and recently i'm facing this problem, as i couldn't hear any sound in my laptop but during logon i could hear the startup sound but once logged in the problem is coming. After restarting the system it seems to be working fine. I dont understand what causes this problem. I looked in Control Panel -> Sounds and the driver seems to be working fine. Also i've seen in the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools > Services -> Windows Media service is set to run automatically. I'm not sure why and when it exactly happens. Please help me in redolving this issue.

I've Vista Home installed in my Laptop. Thanks for ur help in advance.

Thanks,
Pragadeesh. R

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RoseRahman

RoseRahman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

Hi, anyone got any ideas on this as Im having the same problem?

#3 DeexEnigma

DeexEnigma

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

Being Vista first place I would look is for any new current driver for your laptop.
Vista is known to do funny things within the operating system itself. In this case, the audio drivers work fine on the laptop but not all the time, but do work fine before login. Therefore its going to be something with vista booting the appropriate drivers in the appropriate way on login.

A driver update may or may not rectify this issue, but is definitely the best place to start.

#4 RoseRahman

RoseRahman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

Ive tried updating the driver and it says there is no updates available.

#5 DeexEnigma

DeexEnigma

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Did you try Vistas 'update driver' or did you look for it yourself from the manufacturer website?

Vista and Win7 driver update button can come in handy, but by no means trust it 100%. You are best off manually looking for a driver yourself and installing that, firs though checking you aren't going to install the exact same driver.

You might even consider a repair from the vista install CD, this might even fix a little glitch in the boot-up sequence of vista itself.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Two basic things to check..
1. right click the Volume icon in the system tray,next to the clock.
Click on Open Volume Mixer
If the small speaker icon at the bottom of either column has a tiny red circle then click the icon to remove the circle . This Un mutes the sound.

2. check you sound buttons or volume sliders that may be along the case.
Manual in PDF form

Edited by boopme, 02 January 2011 - 10:10 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users